As an owner-managed family company, EMC electro mechanical components GmbH has been offering its customers everything over the past 30 years for connectors and connector systems. Since its foundation in 1991 by Horst Girolstein and the support of Gerd Höhler, the company has continuously developed further. In the course of many years of cooperation with many developers, a specialization in very high-quality connector systems was the result. So the customer-specific solutions, in addition to IC sockets or PCB connectors, are now in the main focus. Customer proximity and competence are key to the success of EMC. The central location selection, Idstein in the Taunus almost in the middle of Germany on the A3 Cologne / Frankfurt also results in a geographical customer proximity.
- In 1991 EMC electro mechanical components GmbH was founded by Horst Girolstein with the support of Gerd Höhler.
- In Hessian Idstein in 1991, the first offices were located in Black and Decker Strasse 28
- In 1996, the company's headquarters moved to Buchwiese 16. The newly built building offered more flexible use of office and storage space.
- In 2010 the head office moved to the Deningerstraße 4a which has grown by significantly more warehouse and office space for future expansion.
- 2012 Retirement of Gerd Höhler. Appointment of Fabian Girolstein as Managing Director and Member of the Management Board.
- 2013 Appointment of Sabrina Girolstein to Head of Finance / Authorized Representative
- 2013 Strategic investment in product development, production and supply chain; becoming key shareholder of E-tec Interconnect Asia.
- 2017/2018 Expansion of the business building by another floor. Now there is room for further growth and employees.
- 2019 Retirement of Horst Girolstein.